Case Study : Large Wood products company leverages Verdantis for ERP consolidation across 25 plants
Verdantis has recently worked on a common catalog project for a large Wood products company with remarkable effect. The Fortune 500 company employing over 13,000 employees globally was undergoing an ERP change at its 25 Wood Products plants from 25 individual instances to 1 instance across the 25 plants. It has leveraged Verdantis’ Artificial intelligence-based Material Master Data solutions to harmonize an item master of over 300,000 SKUs to create a common catalog to fuel optimum plant performance.
The common catalog initiative allowed the client to harness:
- De-duplication of inventory across warehouses for strategic inventory management
- Spend analysis by leveraging UNSPSC classification
- Data standardization per global norms
- Improved visibility in contract compliance and pricing compliance
- Reliability of data for extending materials across plants
“Overall close to 6% of items were identified as duplicates, leading to a saving of 5-6% of total inventory cost. Equally important, a complete and accurate Bill of Material was created leading to more robust processes on the manufacturing floor.”
- Jack Hill , Director of Materials Management.